Chelsea Apps Factory Puts Waitrose Weekend on the iPad
Grocery retailer Waitrose has launched Waitrose Weekend, a free iPad app, published each Thursday, which acts as, in the retailers own words: “Your essential guide on what to do, watch, eat, cook, read, buy and visit this weekend”.
The app, created by Chelsea Apps Factory, is a tablet version of the Waitrose Weekend newspaper, which launched in March 2010 as the first free newspaper published by a retailer. The print version has a weekly print run of 350,000 copies and is available in Waitrose’s 286 branches.
The app includes news and reviews; recipes from Delia Smith and Heston Blumenthal; lifestyle features; offers; and new product information.
Commenting on the launch of the iPad edition, Waitrose Weekend editor-in-chief, Ollie Rice, said: “We are delighted to be able to extend the reach of Waitrose Weekend to even more shoppers, not just those who pick up a copy in branch.”
- TriMet Brings Mobile Ticketing to Portland Commuters
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Pandora Reports Q1 Mobile Revenues to the Tune of $84m
- 1.5m Downloads for Amobee's Tu Me Burst Campaign
- Join Us for Our Making Sense of Mobile Advertising Webinar