Mobile Users Like Their Ads Immersive, says Mediabrix
38 per cent of smartphone owners prefer to be shown pre-roll video ads in mobile apps and 62 per cent prefer either to initiate the video ad or have it shown during a natural break in the game or app.
And ad-supported apps are preferred over ad-free paid apps. 61 per cent want their apps to be free, and 88 per cent of those are happy with in-app advertising - but 12 per cent would prefer the app to be monetised through in-app purchases.
"These survey findings confirm standard online banners and pre-roll video ads won't cut it in today's highly social and mobile world," says Mediabrix CEO Ari Brandt. "If social and mobile platforms aren't running interactive ads to achieve consumer engagement, then they are missing a huge opportunity to monetise with Fortune 500 marketing dollars."
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Facebook: “Facebook is the primary function of a smartphone today”
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live
- Join Us For Our Making Sense of Mobile Advertising Webinar