German Radio Listeners Pick Up Their Handy
One in six online radio listeners come from mobile devices in Germany, according to Goldmedia's Web Radio Monitor report.
Some 3,000 online radio stations operate in Germany - and while the overall number of small stations declining slightly, FM stations' online streams have spread. Desktop remains the most important source of hits but its influence is dropping - from 69 per cent of hits in 2011 to 54 per cent today - as mobile becomes more important.
Hits via mobile browsers or apps now make up 17 per cent of all hits, compared to 14 per cent in 2011 - and by 2014, mobile devices are expected to make up 24 per cent of all online radio hits.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Pandora Reports Q1 Mobile Revenues to the Tune of $84m
- Interactive Mobile Mystery Leads to Record Numbers at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre
- CorFire Partners with OLO to Bring Mobile Functionality to the Restaurant Industry
- VooDoo BBQ & Grill Goes Mobile