Jumptap Shows the Benefits of Third-Party Data Targeting
Adding third-party data targeting to mobile ad campaigns can lead to a double-digit uplift in CTR, according to Jumptap's MobileSTAT report for July. The study compared mobile campaigns with and without added third-party data in Q2, 2012, and found the use of third-party data gave a 'significant' boost to performance metrics.
And advertisers are responding to those high success rates with their mobile media spending. More than 50 per cent of Jumptap campaigns included data targeting – a 500 percent increase since January.
“Since Jumptap introduced third party data partnerships into mobile just over a year ago, more and more of our current and new advertisers have leveraged the offerings to drive engagement,” says Paran Johar, Chief Marketing Officer, Jumptap. “Campaigns with third party data targeting see higher CTR and ROI, regardless of advertising category.”
The report also shows that the CPG and Automotive vericals were the highest spenders on the Jumptap network in Q1 and Q2. Android and iOS, meanwhile, made up 92 per cent of the mobile OS market in July, with RIM continuing to lose ground, shrinking to a six per cent share.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- Rakuten LinkShare: Tablet Purchase Rate 18 Per Cent Higher Than PC
- Jobs in Tech Start-ups Grow 22 Per Cent
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live