Marie Curie Launches Mobile Site
The site was put together within eight weeks by bemoko, after the charity saw an increasing amount of traffic coming to its desktop site from mobile devices.
The mobile site features information about what Marie Curie does and how people can get involved, and – befitting the charity – it also pushes the opportunity to give money with a 'donate now' button appearing on every page. Though there's no payments platform built into the site, it does have automated SMS links, which pre-populate a text with the relevant number and message to donate via operator billing.
“Marie Curie is committed to providing information to all who need it,” Marc Gilbert, digital manager at Marie Curie. “Mobiles and tablets are a very personal channel of engagement and gives us the ability to connect on a one-to-one level. The bemoko platform has allowed a rapid deployment on this project across all mobile devices.”
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Velti Reveals $156.4m Q1 Loss, Sheds a Fifth of Workforce
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live
- Registration Open for the Mobile Gaming & Gambling Summit