Millennial Updates Windows Phone SDK
The Windows Phone 4.5 SDK also adds improved location APIs, support for ads using a device's accelerometer, and brings together both Silverlight and XNA apps into a single SDK.
Millennial says the SDK is a response to growth in the number of Windows Phone apps - by 60 per cent between January and March of this year, to nearly 80,000 - and the opportunities afforded by the platform's growing popularity.
"In the coming months, we expect handset manufacturers around the globe to make a big splash in the marketplace. Wireless carriers will likely respond with serious marketing campaigns to raise awareness and entice consumers with the unique features and benefits of Windows Phone," says Matt Gillis, Millennial SVP global monetisation solutions. "If this all sounds familiar, it should. Remember not too long ago when global carriers made a significant commitment to Android? Some would argue that Verizon Wireless’ investment in the Motorola Droid helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Android ecosystem. Will we see the same happen in the coming months for Windows Phone? I hope so."
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Apple Still Number One Global Brand
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- MMA Reveals UK Advisory Board Members
- Rakuten LinkShare: Tablet Purchase Rate 18 Per Cent Higher Than PC