Samsung Takes Peel's Second Screen App to the World
Peel's app, which was previously available in the US and Canada, provides localised TV program information, and, on devices with an integrated IR port, enables users to control their TV.
Samsung says it will continue the roll out next year, intending to make the app available in more than 50 countries by spring 2013.
“The reception of Peel's service on the Samsung Galaxy Tabs in the US has been very encouraging,” said Samsung product strategy SVP Hankil Yoon. “Peel Smart Remote, paired with our devices, is a testament to what happens when a good software solution is integrated on state-of-the-art hardware. The Samsung Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note 10.1 devices offer users the best in tablet technology, and I am pleased that our offering has become even better with Peel’s unique TV experience.”
As part of a partnership between the two companies, Peel Smart Remote has come pre-installed on all IR-enabled Samsung mobile devices with integrated IR since 2011 in the US.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- Google Launches Play Music All Access, Reveals 900m Android Activations
- Jobs in Tech Start-ups Grow 22 Per Cent
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live