Thanksgiving Mobile Traffic Up 66 Per Cent
Multiscreen consumers found deals from retailers across their smartphones, tablets and PCs in order to bag the best bargains.
Mobile visitors to retail sites passed 25 per cent, up from 15 per cent last year, an increase of 66 per cent. The number of consumers using their mobile device to make a purchase increased to 18 per cent, up 65 per cent, from 11 per cent last year.
To the annoyance of older family members everywhere, emails opened on mobile devices on Thanksgiving Day jumped 23 per cent from the same time last year, as retailers delivered deals direct to consumers at the dinner table.
Usage shifted from smartphones to people using their iPads on the couch. iPad retail traffic reached 10.7 per cent in the evening, with iPhone at 9.1 per cent and Android at 5.8 per cent.
Facebook and Twitter were also generated 0.63 per cent of all online sales on Thanksgiving.
- Mobile Marketing Live and Mobile Gambling & Gaming Summit Early Bird Offer Ends in One Week
- Forrester: 84 Per Cent of European Online Audience Not Ready for Mobile
- The Effective Mobile Marketing Awards Are Open For Business
- Rob Thurner, Mobile Consultant, Author and Trainer Launches E-book
- Google, Twitter and UBS to Speak at Mobile Marketing Live