Apple Shares its Top Reasons for App Store Rejection
- Monday, September 1st, 2014
- Share this article:
In what appears to be the first of a regular series of updates, Apple has released a running Top 10 list of common reasons apps get rejected from its App Store.
The iOS app approval process is notoriously frustrating to complete, and by releasing the list and clarifying common errors, Apple is clearly hoping to make it easier for developers to produce apps that will pass their process, leading to fewer wasted applications.
The list, which covers a seven day period ending 28 August 2014, represents 58 per cent of all app rejections, with the remaining 42 per cent rejected for less common reasons.
Two of the top three reasons are rather vague, with 14 per cent of apps rejected because there was “more information needed” and 6 per cent not complying with the terms of the Developer Program License Agreement in some way.
However, the remaining eight reasons are quite specific, with 8 per cent rejected for exhibiting bugs, and other common reasons including complicated or poor quality interfaces, names or descriptions that dont relate to the content, names or icons that are similar to existing apps, placeholder text and inappropriate ratings.
Apple has recently updated its guidelines regarding ad-serving apps, and revealed strict rules for developers creating apps for its upcoming HealthKit feature.