Mobile Advertising: Your Thoughts Please
- Monday, August 10th, 2009
- Share this article:
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) has opened a public review period for the latest version of its Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines. The MMA says the guidelines are designed to provide an industry-standard framework that encourages the worldwide growth of mobile advertising, while protecting the consumer experience.
The review period for the new guidelines, version 4.0, runs through 31 August, and is open to the public, MMA members and MMA partner organizations. The new guidelines will be published in September.
A draft of version 4.0 is available for download and feedback in the public review forum here.
The new guidelines include several major updates and additions, including:
- The MMAs new Universal Mobile Advertising Package (UMAP), which provides industry-standard ad units.
- The Mobile Application section has been expanded from North America only to worldwide.
- An expanded MMS section, including new ad units and guidelines.
- An expanded Mobile Video & TV section with new ad units and guidelines.
- An expanded Mobile Applications section with new ad units and guidelines
The MMAs Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines are designed to provide the timely, actionable guidance and insights necessary to continue mobile advertisings phenomenal growth, says MMA President and CEO, Mike Wehrs. By making each new version of the Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines available for public review, the MMA ensures that this resource meets the needs of the entire mobile advertising ecosystem.