Tuesday 12-01-2010 00:00
Mobile Commerce Launches Voda 360 LBS Apps
Following on from the launch of its applications for Vodafone S60 non-touch devices, Location-based services (LBS) and mobile content integration firm Mobile Commerce has announced the launch of a suite if applications for Vodafones 360 touchscreen handsets, the Vodafone 360 Samsung H1 and the Vodafone 360 Samsung M1.
The seven applications, integrating handset location, have been made available on Vodafones UK app store, enabling customers with the new handsets to download them and use their handset location to discover information about nearby services and amenities.
The applications offer up-to-the-minute and easy-to-navigate local information to the handset, using content from Mobile Commerces leading brand partners. The widgets have been developed in partnership with Multimap, toptable, THOMSON Local, OAG, ITIS and the Press Association.
There are seven applications in total:
- Keep Moving Traffic: Provides information about nearby traffic incidents using content from traffic and travel information supplier IT IS.
- Whats On: Using Press Association listings, Whats On brings the latest information on clubbing, gigs, jazz, classical and comedy events.
- Bite to Eat: Offers information on places to eat.
- Flight Tracker: Content from OAG enables the user to access worldwide flight information to see if a flight has landed on time or been delayed.
- Multimap: Using the handset location, postcode or place name in the UK the widget displays a map from mapping website Multimap
- Toptable Special Offers: Displays restaurants with special offers in the local area, using listings from restaurant reservation, review and search service, Toptable.
- THOMSON local: The user can search from over 2 million businesses in the UK by name or category to find local businesses. .
Weve been delighted with the success of the suite of apps so far on Vodafones non-touch devices, so were even more delighted now to be able to offer them on the first Smartphones to deliver the full Vodafone 360 experience, says Mobile Commerce CEO, Steve Page. Weve combined our expertise in location-based search with our award winning content partners to create these apps for the ever-growing market for mobile applications. Were incredibly excited to be able to offer them something that keeps us at the forefront of our industry.