Mobile Takes 38 Per Cent of Paid Search Clicks in UK

Search on MobileMobile search is becoming more and more important, with mobile making up 38 per cent of all paid search clicks in the UK in Q2 2014, the highest on record so far.

Search advertising overall has grown, with a 24 per cent year-on-year rise in quarterly spend across EMEA, and a 23 per cent growth in sales revenue, according to data from Kenshoo. Marketers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa are all getting strong results, with more clicks and more sales conversions.

The total volume of clicks on search ads rose by 11 per cent year-on-year in Q2, while total impressions have fallen 6 per cent, indicating improvements in targeting and increased efficiency in how campaigns are run. The CTR also grew by 17 per cent, up to 1.8 per cent in Q2 2014.

In the UK, mobile ads accounted for 36 per cent of all paid search spending over the period, and saw great return, with 38 per cent of all paid search clicks. Both of these figures are the highest on record, which has driven the price of mobile paid search higher in the UK.

“The data shows a healthy paid search market in EMEA, with advertisers enjoying increasing revenue from their advertising through more efficient campaigns,” said Justin Thorne, regional marketing director for EMEA at Kenshoo. “Advertisers confidence in the paid search channel and strong demand for keywords means the price of search advertising has continued to rise – reaching a cost-per-click of €0.43 (£0.32), up from €0.38 in 2013.”