Newsletter

Jellyfish acquires The ASO Co

Tim Maytom
(Left to right) James Bott, Rob Pierre, Thomas Twigg

Digital agency Jellyfish has announced that it has acquired The ASO Co, one of the fastest growing app store optimisation agencies. Jellyfish has taken a 75 per cent stake in the business, with an agreement in place to acquire the remaining 25 per cent at the end of a 21-month period.

Founded two years ago by James Bott and Thomas Twigg, The ASO Co specialises in app store optimisation, mobile strategy and Apple Search Ads, and boasts a client roster including eBay, Spotify, Twitter and Hotels.com. The acquisition will enable Jellyfish to add app store optimisation to its current offering, expanding the agency's existing capabilities.

"From the very first meeting with the team at Jellyfish, we knew instinctively that this could be an excellent fit for us," said James Bott, CEO and co-founder of The ASO Co. "Our shared experiences as independent, entrepreneurial agencies with a vision for continued growth gave us an instant connection. Jellyfish hold a unique place in the market and we wouldn't have partnered with anybody else."

The acquisition forms part of Jellyfish's continued global expansion. The firm has recently moved into APAC and expanded its office space in The Shard, capitalising on the 45 per cent year-on-year growth it has seen over the past six years. The ASO Co's staff, currently based in Shoreditch, will be among those filling the new space in The Shard.

"To grow a company into a market leader in just two years is impressive," said Rob Pierre, CEO of Jellyfish. "As Google and Apple invest further in app products and analytics, it's more important than ever for us to be able to offer this capability to clients. Our values and vision perfectly aligned to make this the right acquisition at the right time."

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN