Study: 3 in 5 consumers say sustainability ads influence their brand choices
- Wednesday, April 26th, 2023
- Share this article:
New research by Sky Media for the 2023 Sky Zero Footprint Fund has found that sustainability messaging in ads is working – even with ‘eco resistant’ audiences.
The study of 52 campaigns and more than 5,300 Sky viewers tracked the effectiveness of the high rise in ads with an eco message. Are these campaigns ethical and responsible? Or are they just an excuse for big business to lecture its customers?
The results showed most consumers to be pretty happy with sustainability messaging. Key findings included:
- Three in five Sky customers say sustainability messaging in advertising influences their brand choice
- 49 percent say sustainability messaging has ‘a lot’ of influence (and for younger audiences this rises to as much as 59 percent)
- Even ‘eco resistant’ audiences are still influenced by sustainability messaging
- There was +15 percent higher positive brand perception for sustainability ads vs non-sustainability ads.
The full research will be available to watch online from 12pm GMT on the April 27 2023.